Collect the following documents to change address in SBI Account before reaching your home branch:
- ID Proof, Self attested.
- Address Proof for new Address, Self attested.
- SBI Passbook.
NECESSARY TO FOLLOW THE STEPS TO CHANGE ADDRESS IN SBI ACCOUNT:
- Write an application to your SBI branch manager, requesing for address change on your SBI Account. Its necessary mention the current address; and the new address to be updated.
- Insert all the documents mentioned above with the application.
- Self attest a copy of each document.
- Present your application with all the inserted documents in the bank to a bank official.
- Bank official may justify all your inserted documents with the original one. Hence, carry all the original copies of inserted documents.
- Once verified, your new address will be changed by bank official on your account within no time.
- By now, you would get your passbook updated for the new address.
- Your new address is on bank’s record now.
Erstwhile, your new address will be on SBI’s record, you can request for a new cheque book. Besides, you could request for a new Debit Card or a Debit Card, as per the status.